Job Posting – Youth Ministry Coordinator
Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
The Catholic Episcopal Corporation (Diocese of Antigonish) is hiring a Youth Ministry Coordinator to assist the Director of Youth Ministry in planning and coordinating events, activities, liturgies and programs designed to meet the needs of the Youth of the Diocese of Antigonish.
This a contract position: one-year term, 20 hours per week. See below for a full job description and details.
To apply, please provide a resume outlining your education and experience to:
Nolan Conrad, Director of Youth Ministry
Diocesan Pastoral Centre
200 Churchill Drive, Suite 103, Membertou, NS B1S 2N9
Phone: 902-539-6188 or toll-free 1-800-656-5311 ext 241
Diocese of Antigonish
Job Title: Youth Ministry Coordinator
Reports to: The Director of Youth Ministry and the Advisory Board
Status: Contract Employee: 1 year term ( 6 Month Probation) 20 hours per week
The Youth Ministry Coordinator will assist The Director of Youth Ministry in planning and coordinating events, activities, liturgies and programs designed to meet the needs of the Youth of the Diocese of Antigonish. The Youth Ministry Coordinator will assist the Director in developing and implementing programs that build on the faith life of the youth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist in providing direction and leadership training for parish leaders in order to help develop active comprehensive youth ministry programs
- To assist in providing events on the deanery level to become acquainted with youth and youth leaders
- Visiting parishes and Deaneries preparing an inventory of resources
- To assist in distributing information about workshops and programs for youth ministry re social media such as face book, twitter, and etc.
- To contribute and to sit on the Youth Advisory Board
- Work towards developing a youth council to advise on strategies for evangelizing outreach and service projects
- Attend Atlantic and National Youth Ministry Conferences
- Continue on-going professional and spiritual development
- A Bachelor’s degree or education in a related field of study in relation to youth ministry
- Canadian Certificate in Youth Ministry Studies or equivalent
- Experience in youth ministry as a youth member or as a youth leader
Knowledge/ Skills Required:
- Experience coordinating events
- Experience working with youth
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of the Catholic faith
- Familiarity with faith formation models
- Awareness of issues connected to responsible ministry protocol
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
In accordance with policy all successful applicants will be required complete a criminal record check
Participation is mandatory in our benefit package.
Employer matched (5%) RRSP group plan
50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (prescriptions, extended medical, dental, vision, life insurance and LTD).